Lunch With God


  

Testimony of my first encounter with God, I hope this shines some light that help you have realization that as a very young child between the age of 7-9 I never fit in. You know that saying you are, your own worst enemy. Well at 7-9 years old you don't understand this and you can feel very alone. So alone even in your own home. Well I had two brothers and two working parents. Which the typical 9-5 work week and weekends parents would take us to the lake Camping with other parents. I think this was just a way to keep us kids out of their hair. Back then, children where to be seen and never heard. So, interaction with the parents was very minimal until you do something wrong and get their attention.


     In hope that my sharing my thoughts and testimonies on the web. I can only hope you gain knowledge and wisdom and see a light of maybe's, that it would give you a insight that God could of been talking to you to,or getting your attention. These are also testimonies to be a reminder to self as well. Age is creeping in and i like to reflect back on these pages as well to see how God Talked to me to draw strength from when I can share a testimony of a WOW nature.
     Of course, when ever God is getting the glory you bet ya he's going to draw from this and give you those WOW moments. And just a little WOW moment I had and love to Share that



                                            Faith is the WOW - With-Out-Wavering.
in our life.
without faith we are unable to please him who is in heaven

     These little in sites come to me and perhaps to many Christians yet we are yet to be authors. But, God loves and abides with us anyways. Showing us miraculous things. In hopes that one day we will fulfill our destiny and tell our stories. But, our Stories to be told are not novels and books it's testimonies of how God came to walk with us and talk with us and became the centers of our world.



     I like to start off as far back as I can remember my first encounter with God. Was a lunch date at the end of road of our neighborhood; that used to be a dead end; They did open it into a new development area. But, the encounter happens at that end of an old road and the beginning of the new development area. Let me not get to far ahead of myself. In this new development, there was this new bus route that opened up and carried off children to church. Very young and impressionable I asked so other children what was going on and they told me that they go to a Baptist Church bible study classes and that I was welcome to go. Now, I can't remember if I asked or didn't ask for permission to go on this trip. But, I sure remember wanting very much to get Baptized. So after one of these bus trips I came home asking my mother if I could be Baptized and surely found out that I couldn't because I was Catholic and already been Baptized. Yet, when I become a older how my mother put it and I decide that I would like to change faith. I could make that decision then. So, it was a good enough answer then.


     Now God is toughing on my again. But, I can't remember if I kept going on trips with the other kids. But, I sure remember a time that I go to this old abandon white building that looking like an old plantation back in the day. This white house had big pillars in the front. I also remember the grass was overgrown and hadn't been mowed in a while. As mischievous as I was remembered me and a co-friend of my age would roust about this house. 

     The house was old and full of all kinds of creaking doors. and noise from the wind. This of course added to the charm to this house. And oh well as a child I didn’t understand what was drawing me to this place and the chambers of rooms it had, here in this one room I came across a treasure, at least to me. I was excited and tickle me to have found this treasure. I even held it close not knowing this was going to be mine very own personal Bible to read and have. I felt remembering asking if i could have this treasure for my very own. It was not much to look at. If anything, it was worn out and no cover and pages where falling out. But, I could remember that I wanted to read these pages and felt drawn to them. I even got to take it home. I was a proud owner of this weathered down book that needed so much TLC and someone to read these pages.

      Now still only being 7-9 years of age. I could only remember reading Job over and over again. I guess you could say at that age. It was the only word I understood the Chapter heading and gave me no reason why not to start there in reading it. I want to say to you, I felt in agreement that I was going to struggle those same losses in my life. And that I am so glad I got the privileged to read this when young. So I was very prepared for it when it happened in my life.


     Let's now get back to the Lunch with God. After being so lucky to have been asked to visit a church of another faith, and finding a gift of treasure (Bible)- in and old house. I then started to get this unloved and unwanted feeling. It over casting me so heavy and drove me to pack my little suitcase. At 7-9 years of age you can imagine not much packed. I had a really old fashion cosmetic bag my mother gave me. Filled it with a hair brush, my new bible, can of tuna, can opener, and if there was other contents at this age they escape me. But, I walked out of the house down the street to the end. This is where the end of the old development to the new development began. There was this big silver gutter under the asphalt road with a stream running through it. not much to and adult but to a small child it look like a stream. Sat and pulled out my tuna and opener. Closed the suitcase up and sat down on the suitcase. 

     Began to open the tuna and remembered I didn't have a fork to eat. I still ate with my hands that day and talked with God. But, I really remember is asking God to fix my loneliness and that my brother hated babysitting us and made my life not so good. I am sure you would like to think it was a long wishy washy conversation. But, it was like if I talking with my Dad and Mom at the time just to busy to listen. I did at the time think of somewhere else to go and run away to. But, when I ate my lunch and realize I didn't have a fork. I realized I was prepared for such a trip as this. Yet, I believe it was a divine intervention of God to have a talk beside the still waters. Even as a child he makes us lie down in green pastures

Psalm 23 King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: 
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul:
 he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness
 for his name's sake.
That is a good God we serve

Sincerely
Overboard4uJesus



Translator